August 30, 2008

Crossing the Equator and Mountaineering in the Andes!

A quick update from Quito!

The past few weeks, I crossed the equatorial line and for the first time in my life, entered the Southern Hemisphere.




In Quito, I took a short 'break' from the bicycle, wandering off into the Ecuadorian rainforests, kayaking, visiting indigenous villages, and climbing Rucu Pichincha (4700 mtrs), Illiniza Norte (5100 mtrs), and Cotopaxi (5897 mtrs). Freezing fingers, wild snowstorms, and giant volcanos. My idea of a relaxing break...








Next up... cycling down the spine of the Andes into Peru! Stay tuned for the next chronicle!

: )

Happy trails,
Japhy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

once again. my profound admiration for what you are undertaking cannot be expressed in words. much love and safe travels.